Hello from Rainbow Lake!
I’m not really at a lake fishing. I haven’t been posting much because I am getting closer to publishing my YA fishing basketball novella, Ironjaws. Yes, it is a novella that combines basketball and fishing. Can’t be too many of those out there.
But the world at large doesn’t seem to be waiting around for me to publish this novella. It is keeping me busy without extending the length of any given day. I am still working, paying bills, buying groceries, cleaning the house and all that jazz. Yet, I feel compelled to check in to let you know I haven’t forgotten about you.
So, I will resort to the time-honored bullet point format for now. Then it’s back to work.
- I have just received the final pass from the wonderful editor from the Lafeyette Writer’s Studio. The only thing I feel like I need to do is add chapters with titles.
- I am saying that because I think a map at the front of the book will both help and appeal to the YA readers of Ironjaws.
- To that end, the map artist and I have begun visualizing said map of Rainbow Lake
- I have been fishing for blurbs for the cover and may have caught one already.
- The cover is underway. I kept the info for the photographer who did my head shot for Tripio and he has agreed to discuss the concept shot later this week. By the way, I strongly recommend using a professional photographer for a head shot. It adds a lot of credibility to your back cover and can be used over and over.
- I am also ruminating a name change. I like the idea of a pen name. Sure, I think my last name is little confusing. However, I like the artistic freedom that I think it would give me.
That is all for now. I will be back soon with more. I hope I caught you at a good time!
Comment now or think it over-both would be appreciatiated.